Yesterday I had my full body scan. Basically I had to lay down for a half hour while a machine rotated around me taking pictures of my body. Not too painful, and a reason to relax, which was nice. After the scan, I had to wait for the doctor to review the results before I left. When the tech went to dismiss me, he unofficially told me that they did not find any evidence of cancer outside of my thyroid area, which was what we were hoping for.
Today I went back to work, which was tiring and emotional. It was nice to see my coworkers, but hard to talk to them about my mom. And, I still don't have my energy up because it takes awhile for the thyroid hormone pill to get you up to the right levels. Working today and then taking care of Mikayla left me pretty exhausted. Mikayla is on the "I hate bedtime" kick again, which makes the evenings really long. The other day she did one of her "I don't want to go to bed so I am going to throw up" tricks again. And tonight it was a 9 o'clock bedtime, which is seriously rediculous for a toddler! Anyway, Nate of course helps tons with the bedtime but it is exhausting for the both of us none the less.
I will post more on Thursday after my appointment with my endocrinologist. Goodnight!!!
Yipidee yipidee. What a relief you got the all clear! Xoxo
ReplyDelete