Thursday, July 7, 2011

I'm Radioactive

Yesterday I went to the hospital.  They had me check in like I was a regular patient and gave me a write band with an ID.  I then went to the nuclear medicine department where I was brought to a little room where they handed me a vile with two pills.  They stepped out of the room, had me take the two pills, measured my radioactive level and sent me home.  Pretty painless, I thought.  I then went home to my empty house and just relaxed all afternoon.  I watched the Disney movie, The Princess and the Frog and started reading a really interesting book called "Heaven in For Real" - an account of a 4-year old's near death experience and his compelling discussions on how he saw a glimpse of heaven.

This morning, I woke up around 5:30am and my salivary glads were really swollen and painful.  They had told me it may affect these glands, so I was supposed to chew gum and hard candies yesterday to help with this.  So I sat in bed for a half hour and chewed some gum and it slowly felt better.  I didn't really get up until 10 today because I was exhaused.  Today my throat and glands are swollen and I am having some nausea, which are all common side effects.  Luckily, I really have nothing to do but relax, so that is nice.  I finished the book this morning and thought it was a really enjoyable read if anyone is interested.  I think that is the first full book I have read in about a year, which is attributed to being a busy mom of a toddler!  Back to some rest and more movies/books.  I anticipate only feeling better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment