Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Getting There

I can't believe it took me so long to do this post!  Actually, I can believe it :)  Last week was really exhausting and then Nicole came to visit over the weekend and this week I am back to work my full 20 hours, so time has been flying with not much time left in the day to do much besides take a shower and brush my teeth!

Anyway, the appointment with my endocrinologist went well last week.  He basically confirmed that the scan indicated the cancer had not spread anywhere outside of the thyroid area.  Since all my treatments are done, the only thing left is to make sure my thyroid levels get to the appropriate levels and monitor to make sure the cancer doesn't come back.  I have bloodwork again in another month to monitor everything and my next follow up appointment is in November.  My energy is slowly coming back, so I think my thyroid levels are getting close to where they need to be.  I am looking forward to getting back to a somewhat normal life.  I really haven't felt normal since before Mikayla was born, so I'm not even sure what I am supposed to feel like.  And on an emotional level, I have been having lots of ups and downs, so I'm not sure how long it will take to feel emotionally normal again.  I guess life is like that though....the only constant in life is change and if that is the case, then there is no such thing as "normal" anyway.  I continue to count my blessings for my amazing husband who is by my side every day to support me, my family who loves me and my friends who are there for me.  God has given me many gifts to help me through these difficult times.  I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment