Today my energy is up, but the nausea is back. My endocrinologist said it would take two weeks to recover from the radioactive iodine, and yet again I don't understand why it is taking so long to feel better (it really has only been 3 days)! Yet again, God continues to give my opportunities to learn patience, which unfortunately does not come that easy to me. God also continues to speak to me during these difficult times. For instance, this morning I was putting away some plastic bags and came across a bright yellow Forever 21 bag that someone had given me to hold some food they sent while I have been sick. For those of you who don't know, Forever 21 is a clothing store for young women. As I was putting away the bag, I noticed the printing on it. On each side of the bag the phrases "FOREVER 21" and "FOREVER21.com" were printed....makes sense....and then on the bottom of the bag, in smaller font were the words "JOHN 3:16". I seriously had to do a double take. Was there a bible verse printed on the bottom of the Forever 21 bag? And truly it is there plain as day.
John 3:16 reads "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life."
In light of my mother's death and other trials I am going through, to come across a familiar verse like this in an unfamiliar way is a reminder that God is always there for me and that eternity is waiting. You never know when God will speak to you. Under normal circumstances, I'm sure I would have been too busy to actually even look a any wording on the bottom of the bag. However in my tired and relaxed state the past few days, I have had the opportunity to slow down and clear my mind. God speaks to us when we least expect it. He speaks to us when we slow down and take the opportunity to hear what he has to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment