Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Good News

Today I called the nuclear medicine group and got connected to Donna, the most wonderful lady!  She told me they could fit me in today and that I should be at the hospital in an hour.  So I went and had the consultation with the doctor today and tomorrow they will administer the radioactive iodine pill at 1:30.  Since I will have to be isolated for this, Nate and Mikayla will be staying with friends for the next few days and I will be at home.  Fortunately I only need to be away from people for 3 days, so they can come back on Saturday.  Today I am feeling extra tired, so am so thankful to have it moved up a week.  What a blessing!  The day after I take the radioactive iodine pill I will start my permanent thyroid medicine, so that should help me start to feel better.  It should take about a week for me to get my energy back, so I don't plan to go back to work until July 25th.

Thanks to everyone for thier thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment