Sunday, May 8, 2011

Appointments

First, I would like to wish all mothers a very Happy Mother's Day!  My weekend was spent celebrating with my wonderful family and inlaws.  I am blessed to have an amazing family and sweet baby girl.

As for the rest of the "stuff".....

I had a scan done of my parathyroid last Thursday.  It was actually pretty relaxing because it wasn't painful and I had to lay down for two half-hour increments.  This was nice, since I don't usually get to relax like that most days :)  This week my endocrinologist will do an ultrasound of my parathyroid and compare that to the scan.  The hope is to have a diagnosis on the parathyroid so I can plan my surgery.  This week I also have appointments with two surgeons.  I will be thankful when I have my surgeon chosen and my surgery date planned.  Some days I have a lot of anxiety about not having the surgery scheduled yet.  Most of the time I don't dwell on the fact that I have cancer, however some times throughout the day I stop and think....I have cancer.  I have bad cells in my body and I can't wait to get rid of them.

Here is my schedule for the week:
Monday - Appointment with Dr. Gurri (Melbourne surgeon)
Tuesday - Ultrasound of my parathyroid with my Endocrinologist
Wednesday - Appointment at the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville with Dr. Casler
The rest of the week, we will have to wait and see.....I will keep everyone posted!

1 comment:

  1. Busy week! Know that our thoughts and prayers continue with you.

    ReplyDelete